Friday, February 04, 2005

Life Is Like A Box of Cheesecake...


Dear Dr. Diva,

My best friend is having her 18th birthday soon, and I don’t know what to give her. What are some good gifts? I really want her to remember it forever.


Mmm, tastes like cheesecake! Posted by Hello

Let’s put it this way, honey – I never met a man with a cheesecake who I didn’t remember!

OK, but honestly… send me cheesecake.

No, but honestly… Gifts can be simple or complicated, but generally the more unique the gift, and the more specialized for the person who is receiving it, the better.

I suggest going to shop which sells the work of local artisans, crafters, jewelers, etc. Cool, one-of-a-kind pieces are the right answer – and these needn’t be expensive!

Also, consider giving something other than a material gift – like a dinner out, a movie out, or a sleepover with your friend's favorite Chinese take-out and DVD (OK, that one was for me again).

I love you almost as much as I do Betty White's shoulder pads,
Well, that's an untruth - I don't love you nearly that much,
Dr. Diva