Saturday, February 26, 2005

Tastes Like Happiness


Dear Dr. Diva,

I dated a girl for a few months last winter, but I ended up breaking up with her because I simply wasn't ready for any kind of relationship. Now I have moved two states away, but I realized that I love her. We are still in contact, but my question is should I ask her if she wants to have a "long distance relationship," Or should I just leave things as they are?


Suffer! Posted by Hello

Well, the question is: are you saying you realized you LOVED her, or that you realize you LOVE her? If you are only recognizing that the relationship perhaps meant more to you in the past than you knew then, you probably are just suffering from a light case of “you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.”

If, however, you can’t live without this girl – she’s all you can think about – you’d wait for two hours in line at the Cheesecake Factory just to buy her a slice of their sinfully delicious Vanilla Bean Cheesecake (**ahem**)… then maybe it’s worth talking over with me... i mean 'him'... er, 'her'?

Love ain’t got no boundaries – it dudn’t care about arbitrary state borders.

If you DO go through with this line of thinking, make sure you up your text messaging plan. A helpful hint – Verizon will celebrate your budding love by charging your ass a quarter every time you text “Still W8ing at Chesecake, c u wen I get your pi.”

Bi Bi,
Dr. Diva